Stuart Moore:
Blog, Biography, Bibliography

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Last Feast of Harlequin

Another story from THE NIGHTMARE FACTORY, this one adapted by me and Colleen Doran. I'm posting the first two pages, lettered; these are the black and white versions. Colleen has a couple of others in colored (unlettered) form, with commentary, here.

I'm really happy with this book; the other stories are by Joe Harris, Michael Gaydos, and Ted McKeever. Well worth a look when it hits stores, in a couple of weeks. And let me know what you think.

Edit: I just noticed I forgot to use any adjectives like "stunning" or "evocative" or "beautifully detailed" for Colleen's work on this story. My bad. The Ligotti stories are very tricky to adapt because most of the horror is psychological and interior. Colleen did a gorgeous job.

Harlequin_01

Harlequin_02

No comments: