Stuart Moore:
Blog, Biography, Bibliography

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Spider-Man: Fear Itself

SMMTFEAR001_COVa

Now soliciting: SPIDER-MAN: FEAR ITSELF, a one-shot special by me and Joe Suitor.

In this story, Peter Parker must face his greatest fear -- which, not incidentally, brings him into conflict with the Man-Thing, Marvel's resident swamp monster. And whatever knows fear experiences rapid, inexplicable combustion upon contact with the Man-Thing's leafy appendages.

You can see the gorgeous cover above by Mico Suayan. But Suitor, the interior artist/colorist, is the real star of this one. He's got a wonderfully stylized, fully realized take on all the characters -- including Spider-Man:

spiderfearpg22crop

Man-Thing:

spiderfearpg06crop

Even little Peter Parker!

spiderfearpg03crop

SPIDER-MAN: FEAR ITSELF is on sale January 7th, 2009. I'll have a short preview to show at my signing, tomorrow night at Jim Hanley's Universe -- details here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy shit, I've seen a lot of Man-Things in my day, but that's one awesome Man-Thing.

Too bad this couldn't be a Giant-Size Crossover with Jughead's Eat Out Funnies.

Seriously, though, looks great and I'll be getting it; the team-ups have been some of the most fun parts of the BNDverse.

Stuart Moore said...

Glad you like it, Dan. There may be more Spidey in my future, too.

And Joe's done some other great shots of Man-Thing. There's one I wish I could post...but it kind of gives away the ending of the book...